Tuesday, June 28, 2011

When one hurts

"If one member suffers, all suffer together. If one member is honored, all rejoice together. 
            1Corinthinans 12:26 

About half of my "friends" on facebook are people that I don't know. They are people that I am getting to know though, through the adoption world of technology. Such an amazing thing.  

Some I do know and who are dear friends that have either just finished their adoptions or are in the midst of it.

Lately I have been seeing more of the hurt that comes with adoption. I have been watching families..so many families... fight for their children. People who are caught up in ridiculous red tape, people who have no clue what is coming next, people who have to make horribly difficult decisions. People dealing with lack of money, feeling alone, paperwork after paperwork, waiting after waiting, negativity. Whatever it is.

The Lord keeps bringing to mind the 1 Corinthians verse. When one part of the body of Christ hurts, we all hurt. When one rejoices, we all rejoice.

I have been in constant prayer for those families, ours and others I don't even know about. The Lord has even been waking me up in the middle of the night to pray.


In Isaiah 10:20-34 God is telling His people to not be afraid when the Assyrians come and destroy all they know. He never told them there wouldn't be a battle, he told them to trust in His promises and don't be afraid. God never said it would be easy and God never said the fighting, the hurt, the pain, the not understanding would not come. But He did say, "Do not be afraid."

We need to put on the full armor of God in whatever battle the Lord has us fighting, but we can't do that if we are clinging to our idols (There are devoted things in your midst, You can not stand before your enemies until you take away the devoted things from among you." Joshua 7:13) and not the One who already has the victory.

"Let not your heart grow faint. Do not fear or panic or be in dread of them for the Lord your God is He who goes with you in fight for you against your enemies." Duet 20:4

One of the most amazing things that I have seen is families who have nothing left in them to fight have been clinging to the hope that is Jesus Christ. So many of them have been singing praises to our King in the midst of these crazy battles.  I have watched them put on Gods armor and be His vessels. Truly amazing and also horribly convicting on my end.


Father, please keep painfully destroying all that is keeping me from you. Lord I am praying that you will give strength to your children and that you will bless each and everyone of them with your  peace, peace that surpasses all understanding. Help  us to cast all of our anxieties at your feet and to continue this calling with our eyes fixed on you.

I can't wait for the day that I can rejoice with all of you!!!











                                                                         

 

No comments:

Post a Comment