Monday, March 7, 2011

A year?

   I can't believe that it has been almost a year since God has called us on this journey to our son. I am still in awe of all the amazing people we have "met" and all of the amazing people that have come along side us. Your prayers, your kind words, your sacrificial giving has been incredible. I would never have imagined that we would have so many people supporting us. A "Thank you" will never be enough!!

  This adoption has been a lot like home schooling has been. I am getting to see how ugly my heart really is.
  We also as a family have fallen in love even more with Africa.





 

   With the news that has come out of Ethiopia, I have received many sweet words of encouragement and prayers from a lot of you. I would like to say Thank you! There is a lot that I want to say, but I want to be very careful with what I write.

When I first heard the news from our agency it leveled me. I had a mini break down. When I finally finished crying, the Lord had showed me some things. Somewhere along this road I had made this journey all about me and my child. UGH! I hate even admitting it. Somewhere a long the way I lost track of why God called us to this place to begin with.

The last couple of months we have been in prayer over some things we heard that we just could not get past. And then when this news came out about unethical adoptions, my heart sank. I was being naive to think that this doesn't happen. I was being selfish to think that people would never traffic innocent little children. Yes, I know.... its dumb.

There is  a lot that we don't know. Right now we are praying through a lot of things. We want to make sure we hear God clearly and no one else. We want to make sure that whatever we do that it is God honoring.

There are some things we do know. God is faithful and just. These are not our children but His children and He will take care of all of them. I know that God is bigger then all of this, that He will provide for those children that can not wait to be adopted. That He is with them ever second of the day. He never leaves them. And even though we can not always comprehend why things are they way they are, we can trust in the One who is in charge. We don't have to see the big picture, we just go when He says go and we stay when He tells us to stay. And we trust Him and seek His face in the known and in the unknown. And we ALWAYS pray with out ceasing, not just when things get bad.  These children need our prayers, but they have always needed our prayers.

I would rather it take years to get our son and know that he was truly an orphan then to wonder if he was taken from his family.

To God be the Glory!

Resting on His promises for our family and for all His children,

3 comments:

  1. Well said, my friend. We're sending you a little something today via the snail that delivers old fashion mail to people's houses. God bless you as you continue to submit yourselves to His will, His timing, His care! You remain in our prayers as God works in and through and for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reminded of his care for Joseph, Moses, Samuel, Daniel, and a host of others.....Praying along with you. Love you Melissa [and entire Maser family]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this post... Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to learning more about your family and your journey thus far. Blessings,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete