Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today my hubby and I are celebrating 8 years of marriage.

We both worked at Sports Authority when we were in college. We use to pass notes back and forth and joke around all the time. We hung out every day. He proposed to me two months after we "officially" started dating. A month after that I had surgery on both my feet and could not walk for four months (can you say weight gain?) He came over to my parents house everyday and helped take care of me. Even washing my hair in the sink (can you say keeper?) A year after that we got married. We never had a honeymoon , because two days after our wedding he went to the Police Academy. So I would just like to say to the whole world that HE OWES ME ONE! :D

                        We met when I was 18 and he was 20 (the date is wrong)




                                                             
                 We bonded over fishing . (and other things) We use to go every day!


                 

      We got married when I was 20 and he was 22 .I cried the whole way down the aisle.
                  
                 

        The pastor forgot to say "kiss the bride." I didn't forget and I jumped on him.


                                                            
                                         I am so thankful for him!


We have been through so much in our short marriage. I am so thankful that everything we have gone through has brought us closer together and closer to the Lord. I love that in a way we have grown up together.
I am so honored that God would call me to be his wife and the mother of his children. He truly is a man after God's own heart.

Jonathan~  I am so madly, deeply, compassionately in love with you. Thank you for always loving on me and for always putting up with me. You are such an amazing father and leader in our home. Can't wait to grow old with you. I am so excited to see what God has us do next!
                               
 
                                                         2010

2 comments:

  1. You made me cry!!!! I love you both!!! A couple after God's own heart!!

    ReplyDelete