Monday, October 24, 2011

Praying BOLDLY!!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego respond to Nebuchadnezzar, when they are facing the blazing furnace, with " Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of your hand." They finish it up with, " But if not, be it known to you that we will not serve your gods."

There is so much beauty in the fire, we just have to look in the right place.

We were resubmitted to the Embassy last week. We have not heard anything yet, but I feel like we will hear this week. I have this crazy, anxious, exciting, giddy, about to fall to my knees kind of Hope. I know just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednogo did, that we serve a GREAT BIG GOD and  I know that even though everything points against us not to clear (since others have not) we know He can.

If it is His will, He will clear us and we will be on our way to get our boy at the end of this week or next week. On the other hand, just like Shadrach and the others said as well, if God chooses not to clear us right away I will still not bow down to their gods. You may read that and think what gods? Well, the gods of bitterness, rage, Etc.  Don't get me wrong, I will be sad, but I have to keep reminding myself. My fate does not lay in the hands of man, but in God and if He wants Caleb home now then he will be.

All I can do is make my requests known and boldly ask God (because I know that He can) move this mountain and clear us this time around so we can get our boy.

Pray with me!!

Also please pray for so many people who have had to wait longer then expected to get our kids home. This is hard and thankfully because of Jesus, we can do hard!

Father, ultimately I want your will, but if I don't ask for what my heart is all ready aching for, then where is my faith? Lord I know that you want Caleb home and you promised that this was our boy and that he would be home. I trust in your promises and I know you mean what you say. I am asking for you to move this mountain for not just us, but for so many people. Lord will you move in a BIG way and clear us this time? You are able to do far more then I can even imagine, you can deliver us from this uncertainty. You can say yes, when the world is saying no.  Whatever the outcome Lord, please help me to have peace if your answer is no, Please help me to glorify you in your answered prayers and also in your unanswered. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to come to you with any request. Thank you for making your presence known and giving me peace in a time of uncertainty. It's in Jesus name that I pray. AMEN!

Trusting and Believing,


  1. Amen! We have been waiting a while and have a Birth Mother meeting on the 26th and are praying for the same thing! Clearance, Travel, our Children!!! We will keep you in our prayers as well!

  2. Continually praying with you friend!

  3. Beautifully written and we are continually praying for everyone waiting in whatever stage that is. Praying to hear good news for you all this week.