Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just a little some thing...

Our week has been crazy. It is even harder when I am not feeling well and unfortunately I have been in bed most of the time.

Believe it or not. I still got a lot accomplished and not only that, but God has been so gracious to open my eyes just a little this week to how I have been behaving.



My caring kids who hate when I am not feeling well (it happens a lot) but they jump at the chance to try and make me feel better.

My little one "reading" to me while I am in bed.


School has been nothing short of a miracle. I say this because every year I am super stressed and am always wondering if I am doing enough or to much. But so far this year, I have just been taking it one day at a time and accomplishing what we can. It has been fun!!
Also our little Jacob has a hard time holding his pencil and some other things that have been going on. We found out that he has low muscle tone. We have been doing exercises with him and there has been a drastic change in such a short period of time. I wish I had a picture of a "before" the way he would hold his pencil and work. But here is the "after" :)
Working hard on their school work.


Our dinner conversations are crazy. My family is a bunch a funny, off the wall crazy people. I don't know how else to put it.They make me laugh and hubby is always the one who starts it.  Most people do bible study at their table, or listen to music, we make each other laugh so hard that sometimes it is hard to eat.  We always have this thing where anytime Jacob gets up from the table, hubby will add food to his plate. He constantly gets up. The other night we had mashed potatoes and when he got up we all put the rest of ours on his plate.  but this time we decided to make a snow man out of the food. His face was priceless when he sat back down. I wish I would have gotten a picture. We all never laughed so hard! I would share the conversations that we have but I don't want to embarrass myself ;) 

Our master piece.


Today my daughter received her first pen pal letter in the mail. She was so excited. It was a blessing because I never had them start theirs like I promised :/  so this made us all excited and they got to work right away!

Who needs a table when you have a perfectly good floor.
It is so fun getting mail. I am excited when everyone starts writing them back. Maybe they will be lifelong friends :)


Tomorrow is our cutie pie (at some point I am going to have to stop calling him that) Jacob's 5th Birthday!!!

He is so stinkin cute!!
Jacob is our little comedian and will do anything to make you laugh.  He is also super affectionate and a joy to be around.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY My precious boy!! I am beyond blessed to be your mother!!!!





A lot has happened this week, some I can't share just yet. No it has nothing to do with Caleb, we are still waiting. One thing that God has laid so heavy on my heart is, that this is where He has me. By this I mean everything that is being thrown or not thrown my way. I am learning what it means to have a heart of gratitude, joy. Nothing is ever promised and when I get to Heaven and stand before my King I don't want to have a complaining heart, I want to be able to say "Thank you Lord for putting me in that pit, for throwing us an awesome curve ball, for blessing us in ways that we never even appreciated, for trusting us with so much, for allowing me to be your servant, for helping me back up every time I fall"  I don't want to complain or whine, or want things to be different, because THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THE LORD WANTS IT.  And if I want His will, then this should be EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT. 


2 comments:

  1. ...this is where He has me....

    Something good for me to chew on.

    That and the mashed potato snowman...good to smile.

    xoxo
    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest family.. love that snowman, hehe!!

    ReplyDelete