Friday, December 31, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!



As most of us will be ringing in the New Year tonight I can't help but share what has been heavy on my heart.

If you want to have news years resolutions, that's awesome, but maybe we should all stop and think about what is really important.




    Hubby and I have a lot of people in our lives who don't know Jesus, who know Him and don't care, or the ones that really kills us, those that think they know Him and claim to be a Christian. This is not coming  from a judgmental or self righteous place, this is coming from a pain in my body that has been placed there by the Holy Spirit. This post is written in nothing but love.

It's good to have goals, get out of debt, lose weight, or whatever you are thinking about, but those will not bring you life, bring you hope, those will not pull you from death. (if your not in Jesus you are dead)

If Jesus is not your foundation, if Jesus is not your everything, if you are just sprinkling Him in your life then you don't know Him. I honestly don't know how much clearer I can be. Going to church regularly, praying before a meal or at bedtime is all good, BUT if you are not actively seeking Him, reading His word, bearing fruit! Then how can you love someone you don't know, How can you call yourself a Christian or His child if you don't even know what's required of you?  It's not the pastors job or anyone else to show you, it's yours.
You don't have to take my word for it listen to what Jesus will say:


"Not everyone who says to me "Lord, Lord" will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my father who is in Heaven. On that day many will say to me .Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name and do many mighty works in your name? And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness." Matthew7:21-23

It's also not enough to just use Jesus when things are bad. His word says:

"You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as front lets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise." Deuteronomy11:18-19
All the time! Do you see that?? when you are awake, when you are lying down.. ALL THE TIME.


We have such an amazing gift. We get to repent! Jesus says that  "As far as the East is to the West, I will remember your sins no more."  What a gift, why aren't you taking it?

My prayer for all of you (and me as well) is that you will examine your walk or lack there of with the Lord. That you will ask Him to show you the truth and that you will be willing to hear it and obey. That the Lord will rip the scales off your eyes and you will be able to see His Holiness, your depravity, and that He is worthy to be feared and worshiped.That you will live your life on your knees in repentance to the King of Kings and  that you will truly be a light in this dark world. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Great post, as always, Melissa.

    I just sat at my mother's funeral and heard the most amazing and difficult message from the pastor, my father-in-law. It touched so many people, including me. It was a wake-up call. I know the Lord, I love the Lord, He is my All in All... but there is always refining and work to be done, areas in my life that I am holding onto, not wanting to completely hand over to Him - worldly things, selfish things.

    I've been on my face for the last week asking Him to search me and asking forgiveness for sin in my life. When we are faced with death, someone close to us dying, we realize how short life is! And I realize that every moment matters and when our earthly life is over, we will be accountable!

    You have challenged me and others through your blog. But, likewise, I know Christians who say they believe in Jesus and there is NO fruit... they don't belong to a body of believers, they live their life haphazardly, saying God is love, God accepts them as they are. This is also wrong. God does care about how we live. He hates sin. He does not accept sin, that is why after salvation, there is continual repentance. Like you said, we need to stay in the Word, to grow and have that relationship with Him. Prayer is communication with the Lord. Our faith must be active!

    The past two weeks have set many convictions, thoughts, and prayers to spark in my life. I'm excited for the changes I am trying to make with the Lord's help.

    All I know is that He is all I need. There is nothing I can do to earn His salvation, it was a gift that I will be ever thankful for, because I do NOT deserve it, and could never have earned it. Thank you, Jesus, for being my kinsman redeemer.

    For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham.

    Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. (Hebrews 2:16-17).

    Love you, Melissa! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete