Friday, April 6, 2012

Beyond Thankful

My heart is hurting and yet rejoicing at the same time.

I lack the words to express what today means to me.

I was once that girl who cut herself. Who had no hope and turned to drugs. Who thought that this life was all there was. Who thought "This is as good as it gets."

But God had other plans. He saw me, His precious daughter refusing to look up and see Truth.

"Melissa, I created you! I formed you! 
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; 
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you go through rivers, fires, I am with you. 
They will not overwhelm you or burn you. 
For I am the Lord; Your Savior.
You are precious in my eyes and honored, and I love you."
                    Isaiah 43:1-4



The wrath that was poured out on my Savior was meant for me. I will never have to know or feel what even a tiny part of that would feel like. There are no words. Me, a broken vessel where nothing good dwells. who every time will choose my own way first.

Thankfully He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His steadfast love toward those who fear Him, as far as the east is from the west, so far does He remove our transgressions from us. (Pslam103:10-12)

"It was the will of the Father to crush Him;
He bore the sins of many; and makes intercession for the transgressors."



Shout for joy!! Proclaim it!!! Send it to the ends of the Earth!!! For the Lord has redeemed His children!


For His glory,


3 comments:

  1. Blessed to be able to watch the Lord continue to transform you as His daughter! AMEN, sister. His name be praised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful!!! I discovered you through IG while searching out adoption tags (we're hoping to start the process).

    ReplyDelete